Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Have you ever noticed when you are reading a blog that there is thin blue bar at the top of the page? On the left hand side of this bar it says "Next Blog". If you click on it, it takes you to another, random blog. Sometimes in a foreign language. It is very random and very cool. Every now and then I look at a few blogs to get ideas for mine. Well last week I saw that one blogger had a post titled "Thankful Thursday" where she listed 5 things she was grateful for. Since I have recently been accused of complaining a lot (and upon reflection realized that it's true :0), I've decided to be more cognizant of that and try to complain less. And one way to do that is to focus on the positive. In light of that, I have decided to steal this unknown blogger's idea and celebrate Thankful Thursdays on my blog as well. Being that I am still struggling with this whole complaining thing, I'm going to start slowly and commit to posting only 3 things I am thankful for. Maybe in time I will be able to work my way up to 5. Hope springs eternal!

This week I am thankful for/that:

1. Reconnecting with Molly from Phoenix on Facebook
2. Katie passed her driving test and my duties as a taxi driver have lessened significantly
3. There is a new episode of The Office on TV tonight!

Wow, that felt great! Nothing like accentuating the positive to make you realize that you don't really have all that much to complain about. Feel free to leave a comment listing what you are thankful for. I promise it will make you smile!

1 comment:

Alex the Girl said...

A day late but still thankful on Thursday for:

1. Waking up later than six 0' clock
2. Not having to do breakfast dishes
3. Having someone pay back money I had forgotten I had loaned them!!!

Thanks for the SiTS visit. I have done the "next blog" thing. It's how I found SiTS.

Have a good Friday.

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.