Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Place for Everything

Once I started to blog, I also started to blog hop (visit other blogs). It is very interesting and can be quite addictive. Anyway, I kept seeing the word "meme" (rhymes with dream), questionnaires and "Mr. Linky" boxes on different blogs. I will admit I had no idea what a meme was so I did what any good librarian would do and I googled it. Here is the definition I found at The Daily Meme. In short, a meme is a list of questions that you find on a weblog, you answer the questions on your blog and presumably someone else will see it and do the same. Mr. Linky comes into play here, too, but I can't really figure that whole thing out. Anyway, I digress. The point is I have seen many of these "memes" and I've thought about doing them, but always decided against it as being somehow blog "filler". BUT, I could just not resist when I saw the following meme about organization (!) on Saturday 9. Those of you who know me well will not be surprised that I decided to "fill" my blog with this meme. After all, my motto is "A place for everything and everything in its place." Who knows, maybe this is just the first of many fascinating memes I will post here. Only time will tell.

1. Are you an organized person?

I am the definition of an organized person.

2. What is one thing about your home that has to be just so or it drives you crazy when it comes to organization?

I can not stand clutter. Everything must be in its place...neatly!

3. Do you have one little nuance about your organization that most people consider to be a little over the top? What is it?

Do I have choose just ONE thing? LOL! I would have to say my 20+ page book list of all the books I've read since 1997, organized by author, with dates. Read more about this list here.

4. What is your favorite organizational tool? (bins, closet organizers, etc.)5. Where is your favorite place to buy organizational needs?

My favorite organizational tool is probably my calendar. I refer to it as my "bible". But, file folders are a close second.
5. Where is your favorite place to buy organizational needs?
I get most my organizational needs at Staples. My system is pretty basic and bare bones.

6. Are you more organized at work or at home?

That's a tough one. Probably at home, since I'm here more. But, over the last 6 years I have made a lot of organizational "tweaks" at the library, too.

7. Are you more or less organized than your significant other?

You're kidding, right? More, much more.

8. Does your significant other help or hurt organization?

Neither. He just gets out of the way!

9. What is the most important recreational items that you organize?

Not sure Christmas ornaments are "recreational items", but I have those down to a science.

OK, so now you know a little bit more about how crazy I am. So, how crazy are you? Answer these questions on your blog and then go to Saturday 9 and link there on the Mister Linky posted there. Heck, I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about.
Image from Google images






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for visiting my blog!! The beach is amazing!

Jenny-Jenny said...

One word. I wish. I am not an organized person and it is something I work on every day. one thing I do know is that when I am organized, EVERYTHING in my life runs better. My blogging addiction is very much in the way of that.

Pam said...

Kristen - thanks for stopping by.

Jenny - I agree that being organized makes life run more smoothly. I also agree that blogging definitely takes up a lot of time.

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.