Considering the fact that I have been sick with a cold since last Thursday, I am so surprised that I have so much to be thankful for this week. And some of those things are a direct result of being sick. Go figure. The proverbial silver lining, I guess.
1. I am thankful that when I came home from work on Saturday feeling miserably sick, my Darling Husband had the table set and dinner ready. What a guy!
2. I am thankful that on Sunday, when I felt the absolute worst and didn't even get out of bed, I did feel well enough to watch 2 movies that I'd been wanting to watch. And both movies were fantastic. I watched Billy Elliott, which was incredible. I had seen the Broadway show in NYC in late February and absolutely loved it. And I wasn't disappointed in the movie. I also watched The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. Another fabulous movie - powerful and emotional. I recommend them both.
3. I am thankful that my Darling Husband let me sleep in on Monday and Tuesday (since I was still feeling sick) and he got the kids up and out for school.
4. And I got to sleep in on Wednesday as well, since my kids had no school due to a Teacher Inservice Day.
5. I am thankful that I had not one, but two opportunities to wear my new red patent leather peep toe pumps (my very own ruby slippers). First I wore them to work (yes, at the library!) on the night that we hosted an author book talk/signing. Then I wore them again on Friday night to our friends' talent show. And to think that when I bought them I wasn't sure I would ever have an opportunity to wear them.
6. Lastly, the thing I am most grateful for is that my 16 year old daughter came into my bedroom one night at bedtime and thanked me for all that I do for her on a daily basis! This is the girl that hasn't been able to be in my presence for the last two years without rolling her eyes. And nothing can top that!
Now, how about you? What are you thankful for?