Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Author Challenge 2009


While trolling the blogosphere the other day I stumbled upon a whole new corner of the bloggy world. Apparently there are bloggers out there who are SERIOUS bookworms and participate in all manner of book challenges. Are any of you familiar with this? It was certainly news to me. And I was intrigued. Of course this appeals to my nerdy bookish side, but I also love a good challenge. (I can be a wee bit competitive at times). So, I've decided to participate in two of these challenges. The first is a New Author Challenge and is hosted by Literary Escapism. Check out the website for all the rules, but basically you choose your own goal and try to read that many books by authors that are new to you during 2009. I've decided my goal will be to read 50 books by "new" authors by December 31, 2009. Luckily, I can count the books I've already read this year.

2009 New Author Challenge


1. The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry
2. The Last Queen by C. W. Gortner
3. The Glimmer Palace by Beatrice Colin
4. The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
5. How Not to Die by Jan Garavaglia
6. Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron
7. Publishing a Blog with Blogger by Elizabeth Castro
8. A Parting Gift by Ben Erickson
9. The Blue Cotton Gown: A Midwife's Memoir by Patricia Harman
10. The Everything Blogging Book by Eliza Risdahl
11. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
12. Goldengrove by Francine Prose
13. Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
14. The Courtier's Secret by Donna Russo Morin
15. The Huffington Post Complete Guide to Blogging by the editors of the Huffington Post
16. The Secret Currency of Love edited by Hilary Black
17. Ex Libris: Confession of a Common Reader by Anne Fadiman
18. Mistaken Identities: Two Families, One Survivor, Unwavering Hope by Ryn, Don Van
19. The Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo
20. The Commoner by John Burnham Schwartz
21. Against Medical Advice: A True Story by James Patterson
22. Five Skies by Ron Carlson
23. An Exact Replica of a Figment of My Imagination by Elizabeth McCracken
24. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
25. Happens Every Day: An All-Too-True Story by Isabel Gillies
26. Nov. 22, 1963 by Adam Braver
27. The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson
28. The Saving Graces by Patricia Gaffney
29. Mudbound by Hillary Jordan
30. Writing in Stone: Scenes from a Maine Island Life by Christina Marsden Gillis
31. Upstate by Kalisha Buckhannon
32. Still Alice by Lisa Genova
33. Spring Awakening by Frank Wedekind
34. Assassination Vacation by Sarah Vowell
35. Sixpence House: Lost in a Town of Books by Paul Collins
36. The Gardner Heist by Ulrich Boser
37. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
38. The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly
39. The Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
40. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
41. Away by Amy Bloom
42. The Year of Fog by Michelle Richmond
43. The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker
44. The End of Manners by Francesca Marciano
45. The Lost City of Z by David Grann
46. Teaser by Jan Brogan
47. Dreamers of the Day by Mary Doria Russell
48. The Cradle by Patrick Somerville
49. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
50. The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa

You can follow my progress by clicking on the Author Challenge 2009 button on my sidebar. Anyone interested in joining me? Leave me a comment letting me know and be sure to sign up at Literary Escapism.


2 comments:

valentine said...

hi- you have an award over at our blog, stop by to pick it up!

Pam said...

Valentine - REALLY! Wow, I'm so flattered. I will be over to check it out and I will post it here on Thursday - during Thankful Thursday! Thank you!

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.