Monday, July 13, 2009

Musing Mondays


MUSING MONDAYS are hosted by Rebecca at Just One More Page. Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post (taken from the Musing Mondays archives) is about your to be read (tbr) pile…


How many books (roughly) are in your tbr pile? Is this in increasing number or does it stay stable? Do you ever experience tbr anxiety in the face of this pile? (question courtesy of Wendy)

As of the writing of this post there are 28 books on my tbr list. This number changes constantly. Because I work in a library, interesting looking books are constantly crossing my desk and being added to the list. And a new source of books to read is all the great book reviews I've been reading on all of your blogs. (You are seriously killing me). Of course, I also have a 66 book list of books I need to read for Reading Across Rhode Island. I have read 23 of them and some will be eliminated soon at the first committee meeting in July. (Hopefully lots of the books I haven't read will be eliminated). As for anxiety... I'm not sure that's the right word, but I do get a little anal about organizing the list and making sure I don't get too many books (from the library) at once. Right now the books are scheduled out until late August. And many times, if a book sits on the list too long, my interest in it wanes and I remove it. Guilt free. There are too many books and authors out there. It is impossible to keep up. Not a bad problem to have, though.

How about you? What's the status of your tbr pile? PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT with your opinion or link to your own Monday Musing post.


Image from Google Images

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooh gosh, I think I do get TBR list anxiety. I just keep adding. One thing I did to help organize my thoughts or plans, was to make a summer reading list on goodreads. I took the books I had bought and won recently and put them first. I am constantly adding books that someone tells me is a good read, or a must read and then I'm frustrated at how long it takes me to read said book. If one of my favorite authors releases a new book, I always want to be the first too read it, anal I know. I have issues.

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.