Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Letting it All Hang Out


Have you ever censored yourself when writing posts for your blog? I know I do - at least a little bit. There are even a few posts I haven't written because I don't want to offend someone who might (or might not) be a reader of my blog. Apparently, this is a common problem because some genius has started a blog, Not on My Own Blog I Don't, where bloggers can anonymously rant and rave all they want about the people and/or situations in their life that irk, aggravate or just plain p!ss them off! This is a great idea and I'm sure it is very cathartic. But, now that I've told you all about it, I'm going to have to think up a very clever pseudonym if I ever feel the need to let off a little steam! I'll have to give that a little thought. Anyway, just thought you all might benefit from this site. I promise not to try too hard to figure out your aliases! LOL!

8 comments:

Jennifer Juniper said...

Seriously, I might have to kiss you for suggesting this! Ever since my mom figured out how to find my blog (and calls me every freakin' day to discuss her thoughts) I've been censoring myself. I have a rant right now I'd love to publish, but can't do it without sending her off the deep end (as it's about HER!).

Pam said...

Jennifer - Glad I could help!

Kathy B! said...

Such a great idea. I censor myself a lot lately because the secretarial pool at my husband's office stumbled upon my site by accident... not good. No more stories about DH :(

Andrea said...

Very cool. I'll have to go and check it out!

Sandy said...

I haven't really been censoring myself about other people but more about ME. I read personal things others write and think I'd like to write about that, too, but can't for fear that a colleague or client will see it. This may be the answer!!!

mommakin said...

I spent a LOT of time there yesterday - WOW! My problems just shrunk before my very eyes.

AWESOME idea.

Alex the Girl said...

I censor (not so much now because I'm hardly there anymore) my blog because too many people I'm related to read it (including my husband)!!!

Pam said...

Alex - All the more reason to check out this other blog. Then you can rant to your heart's content.

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.