Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Thankful Thursdays are all about taking the time to appreciate all the little things that actually went right during the week. I am someone who can get flustered very easily - even when the smallest thing goes wrong. So why not focus on all the little things that went right and be grateful?


1. I'm thankful that I had an opportunity to play Mah Jong with two groups of friends this week. It was nice to visit with them and it just chill out for a couple of hours. I really needed that.

2. I'm thankful that my 14 year old daughter, Madeleine, spent 4 hours on Saturday helping me sort and organize books for the annual book sale at the library where I work. The book sale is next Saturday and we had received 14 boxes and bags of donations that needed sorting. She also helped me move all those boxes from the library into the storage garage, re-box, label and shift loads of other books. Madeleine is a great organizer and a tireless worker. Thanks Madeleine!

3. I'm thankful that my daughter, Katie, who is a senior in HS this year has made a ton of progress in the college selection and application process this past week or so. Not to mention she is also having to work on her senior project and keep up with her classes simultaneously. The amount of paperwork alone is overwhelming. If you aren't familiar with the senior project let me just say that it is a year round project comprised of fieldwork, a thesis paper and a juried presentation that all senior must complete in order to graduate. There is a handbook given to students explaining the project and process. A 60 page handbook!!! That's right 60 pages. Here's what I think... If a project requires a 60 handbook it's possible it's too complicated. Just a thought. Anyway, Katie is making good progress and I'm so proud of her.

4. I am thankful that Geoff and I had the opportunity to go out to dinner to very nice restaurants twice this past weekend. On Saturday night we went out to dinner and to see a play, Cabaret (which I hope to write about just as soon as I can), with our friends. We went to dinner at a very nice riverfront restaurant I had never been to before and the food was delicious. The play was absolutely fabulous as well. On Sunday night the whole family went out to another "fancy" restaurant in Providence this time with Geoff's parents. Again, the food was fabulous and we all had a nice time.

How about you? What are you grateful for?


Image from Google Image

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great things to be thankful for I posted a thankful list on my blog!

The Rambler said...

I am thankful for my cousin helping me while my husband had to leave for a two week work trip.

Sigh. God Bless her. For real!

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.