Monday, January 31, 2011

Project 52- Week 5




Last week was a pretty good one for Project 52. I met all my weekly goals. I cooked three times (#3)(garlic/lemon chicken, Italian Meatball soup and homemade macaroni and cheese), I walked three times (#10), I read several articles about local politics in the newspaper (#30), I posted at least once a week (#33) and I bought another bouquet of flowers for the family room (#36). And since Katie went back to college last weekend, I was able to add #34 - write a weekly letter to Katie. The only weekly goal I haven't tackled yet is #12 - walk to work at least once a week, weather permitting. So far the weather has not been very cooperative. I think this one will need to wait for the spring.

I also made progress on 2 of my monthly goals -(#2) try 6 new soup recipes. I made Italian meatball soup and luckily this one was a hit! I'll definitely be making it again. I also invited my mother over for dinner (#3). I included this goal because I really don't spend very much time with my mom and I feel badly about that. She retired in October and now has more free time on her hands. She was happily surprised that I invited her to dinner and we had a nice evening. It felt nice to have spent the evening with her.

Lastly, I got started on one of my one time goals. Geoff and I joined Shape Up RI (#13), a statewide exercise and weight loss challenge. My friend Margaret created a team of couples and we decided to join. There are four areas in which you can participate : weight loss, exercise, 10,000 steps per day and eat more fruits and vegetables. I decided to tackle all four. The challenge doesn't officially start until February 7th, but I've been trying to be aware of these four things now. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. And I may have to drop out of the exercise group since I'm having some back issues that seem to be here to stay. Ugh! I'll keep you posted.

How about you? How are you doing on your goals/resolutions?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So happy for you Pam....and at your ability to weekly update!!

I am still writing away. Last week I sent a postcard to a friend I formerly worked with and she has since moved to Arkansas. She visits Florida to see her mom, but it's across the state.
I'm happy to have received a letter and an email to thank me for my letters. It's nice to have that recognition, even if it's not why I started.
This week I have a thank you card and a letter to send....my biggest challenge is choosing a recipient.
Good luck with your Shape Up RI!

Star Forbis said...

Your doing great! Keep up the good work!

Jen said...

Wow, that little program sounds...well...effective! Best of luck with Shape Up, I'm working on my own little program but I think I need to find someone to do it with. It's hard to stick to meal plans, exercise and everything else on your own!

Karen M. Peterson said...

You're putting me to shame!

That sounds like a really great program. I should get involved in something like that. I need to have consequences, though, or I never get around to eating healthy AND exercising in the same day. At least, not on purpose.

Terra said...

Yeah, I am so glad you are experiencing such great success in so many areas! I might have to ask you to share some of your recipes...we love soup especially

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.