Thankful Thursdays are all about taking the time to appreciate all the little things that actually went right during the week. I am someone who can get flustered very easily - even when the smallest thing goes wrong. So why not focus on all the little things that went right and be grateful?
Thankful Thursday is a little late this week, but better late than never, right?
1. Once again, I was able to go to the movies this past weekend. (I saw The Time Traveler's Wife). That's three weekends in a row. I don't think this has happened since 1991 (pre-kids). It was extra fun because I got to go with a girlfriend who had also read the book and loved it. It's always exciting to see a movie with someone who is just as enthusiastic as you are about it. Thanks, Colleen. I had a great time and I'm looking forward to seeing The Lovely Bones with you in December.
2. On Tuesday, Katie and I went to preview her senior portraits, which had been taken by a photographer a couple of weeks ago. I'm thankful that even though all the pictures were beautiful, one really stood out and was the obvious choice for the yearbook photo and for me to order as a print for our wall. There were actually three photos that we really liked and we were able to order smaller copies of the other two. So, even though this was more expensive than I would have liked, it was manageable and I felt like I got everything I wanted! (I will try to post one here, when I get them. Of course, I have to figure out how to use the scanner first. So, don't hold me to it).
3. I am beyond thankful and so flattered that I received the nicest email from one of the ladies in the book club that I run for the library where I work. She thanked me for introducing her to new genres of books and opening up a whole new world of books for her to explore. She has been getting recommendations of books to read from my library blog. THIS is what I love the most about what I do! Recommending books to people that they might not have ever heard about or read and then hearing that they loved them, too. Makes my heart sing! Thank you, Nancy!
4. I am so thankful to my friend, Mrs. S, for bringing me postcards of some of the art work that I had seen in Spain, but was not able to purchase before the Prado museum closed. I collect postcards of places I've been and art I've seen as a way to remember. Not only did she bring me postcards, she got me a bull (toro) charm for my charm bracelet! That's another thing I do. I collect charms when I travel. I had seen a toro charm at the market we went to, but I didn't buy it, thinking I might find something else (something that represents a place/event I had experienced in Spain. I did not attend a bull fight). Anyway, I never found another charm anywhere in Spain. I had asked Mrs. S if she would mind getting the toro charm for me, if she went back to the market. And she remembered and made the effort! I can't even really express how excited I am about that. My charm bracelet would not have felt complete without a charm from Spain. OK, now you all know I'm a complete dork. I admit it!
5. And lastly, I am so thankful that I was able to play Mah Jong with my Mah Jong group on Tuesday night. We have been playing every Tuesday (for the most part) for almost 4 years, but because of our crazy schedules we hadn't been able to get together since the end of June. That was a long dry spell. And I really missed it. It felt good to play. Even if I did have a horrible night and just couldn't seem to get my act together. Oh well. Maybe next time.
WooHoo, look at that list! I have a lot to be grateful for this week. And seeing it all laid out in black and white sure helps me to recognize that fact!
How about you? What are you thankful for?
Image from Google Images