Saturday, January 9, 2010

TV Quick Quips


It was nice to have (most of) my favorite shows back after the holiday hiatus. Here's my take on this week's episodes:


1. The Biggest Loser - Last season was the first time I'd watched The Biggest Loser and I was happily surprised that Season 9 started so soon after the Season 8 finale. I must admit I felt like a big loser sitting on the sofa, eating popcorn and watching other people workout so close to the start of the New Year (which is when I supposed to start exercising again). But that's a whole other post.... So here's what I thought after the first episode. So far everyone seems very likable. There doesn't seem to be a crazy Tracey this season - though I'm sure that's because the season is still young. I don't have any favorites yet, but I liked the wife on the red team and the mom on the orange team. I was angry about what I'm calling the "ratings stunt" of eliminating two teams (yellow and blue) basically before the show even started. Of course, then they got a reprieve of sorts (30 days at home, supposedly with help with Bob and Jillian). Why? Why make them think they were leaving before they even started and then say - "just kidding". That's cruel and unnecessary. Meanies!


2. Modern Family - Goodness, I missed this show! Another hysterically funny episode. Favorite line - "You're quite the bullfight artist yourself"! ROFLMAO! (Is there a teen here who can verify that I got that right? Anyone? Bueller?) Loved Phil's kidney stone scenes -so funny. Loved Lily's Ferberization (how true were those scenes?). The best though was how everyone knew that the all the firemen were hot (even Alex and Haley). First Claire gets dressed up and then Cam and Mitchell get all excited when they realize they can call them for Mitchell's foot. Did you notice Cam videotaping the fireman carrying Mitchell out of the house. Love it!

3. The Office - I couldn't wait to watch The Office week. I was so excited to finally be able to see new episodes of my favorite shows after the holiday hiatus. Imagine my disappointment when I realized that The Office did not air a new episode this week! Why not? What's up? I'm already disillusioned with my previously favorite show and this is not helping me get my Office mojo back. Next week's episode better be new and it better rock! I'm just saying...

7 comments:

Sandy said...

Uh-oh. Has The Office jumped the shark?

Sue Jackson said...

Most of our favorites aren't back yet, so we watched movies this week, although we are starting to get into Modern Family - it's pretty funny!

Sue

Sherri @ Luv a Bargain said...

I LOVE The Office too! I am getting my DVR ready to tape lots of my favorites:) Yea!

Unknown said...

I just love Modern Family. You're right about that quote. Hysterical!

The Rambler said...

I watched Modern Family a couple times.

God I laughed sooooo hard at Phils I'm dying you must know this and love me scenes. :) Drama..Love him.

And Cam..yes I did notice him taping the hot fireman. And that Ferber method...I'm so Cam.

kel said...

Modern Family is awesome!! I love it!

Jennifer said...

hahaha!! I love TV!! my guilty pleasure is Big Love! hehehe. And yes, The Biggest Loser made me feel too guilty so I can't really keep watching it! haha. Maybe if I put a treadmill infront of the TV.

Found ya from SITS!!

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.