Once again, trying to look at the full half of the glass. Here's my list of things to be thankful for this week:
1. I'm am so grateful that Katie had a fun time at her prom last Friday night. I was a little worried about it because she didn't have a date and was going with a group of people - 5 couples and 2 other "single" girls. Turns out she had way more fun than most girls who were coupled up. Apparently, most of the girls who were there with simple dates (as opposed to actual boyfriends) spent most of the evening trying their best to avoid these poor young men. How sad is that? Why, I ask, did they say yes to these boys, if they didn't want to spend time with them? I think the answer is that they REALLY wanted to go to the prom. I'm so proud of Katie that she didn't let a little thing like the lack of a date stop her from going. And apparently, a date was the last thing she needed in order to have a good time. You go girl! Gotta love her spunk and courageous spirit!
2. Trying really hard to find the silver lining on this one. I'm thankful that I had to go to the dentist last week to repair three teeth that I have apparently chipped or worn away from incessant grinding. What? I don't grind my teeth! Well, upon carefully paying attention to myself and my habits (for the entire month that transpired between dental checkup and tooth repair) it came to my attention that I DO in fact grind my teeth. All the time. As in continuously. Like a nervous tic or hair twirling. YIKES! So, what am I grateful for, exactly. Well, the bonding material that is now covering said destroyed teeth feels like nails on a chalkboard (inside my head!) every time I try to grind them. No more grinding! Imagine that!
3. I am so thankful, surprised and humbled by the people who have decided to follow me here on Pam's Perspective. I really am. And even more exciting to me is the little community we seem to have built up here and on a few other blogs. Some of us are even now Facebook friends and Twitterati (is that a word? If not it should be!). A year of so ago, I joined a message board for the TV show The Office and I really loved the community of people there. Unfortunately, things got a little dramatic and after a year I decided to walk away. I was very sad about it and for a while it was really hard not to check in. I really missed some of the people in that community - and I still do . When I started my blog, I had no idea that a community could be built up around it as well. And it makes me so happy. So, thank you for that! Anyone else want to join my group of Facebook friends or Twitterati? Just send me an email and I'll tell you how to find me. (You can find my email address by clicking the Contact tab at the top of my blog).
4. I have Anita from A Wife, a Woman, a Mom to thank for this entry. She pointed out to me that I am lucky to be close enough to a city to see some decent theater. I hadn't even given that a moments thought before she mentioned it. I am lucky! I love going to musicals and plays and I am lucky to have several very good local theaters right in my backyard. Not to mention the fact that I'm lucky to be able to purchase tickets and attend these productions. So, thank YOU Anita for helping me to see my good fortune. It really is awfully easy to take things for grated.
5. Last but not least, I'm thankful for the three blog awards I was given this week. Wow! What a week.
So, how about you? What's in the full half of your glass this week?