Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Thankful Thursdays are all about taking the time to appreciate all the little things that actually went right during the week. I am someone who can get flustered very easily - even when the smallest thing goes wrong. So why not focus on all the little things that went right and be grateful?


1. I'm thankful that I was able to spend time with an old friend on Sunday. We don't see each other much, but it's a joy to be able to spend time together.

2. I'm grateful that on Tuesday night when I had to run an errand with Katie, Geoff and Madeleine folded laundry and ironed some clothes while I was out! Can you believe that!? Unheard of! Amazing! Unbelievable. I thought I was going to have to finish up those chores myself and they did it for me. Wow!

3. I'm thankful that Katie is healing well from having her wisdom teeth removed last Friday. OUCH! Poor thing. She's almost back to normal now. Thank goodness.

4. I'm thankful that I've come to a few conclusions recently about how I want to spend my time - both here on the Internet and in my "real" life. I've figured out what I want to keep and what I can let go of. I'm hoping that this will lead to less chaos and more balance in my life. Here's hoping.

How about you? What are you thankful for?

Image from Google Images

13 comments:

mommakin said...

I'm hoping for you, too. I need to figure out a way to do the same - this should be fun, not a chore...

Glad the oral surgery went well. I have oral surgery coming up and I am DREADING it!

Anonymous said...

Pam,

You will figure it out...I know you and you know how to put everything in perspective.

Give Katie my best...I feel her pain. I had my wisdom teeth out as an adult only about 6 or 7 years ago. Not fun but worth it in the long run.

Your thankful Thursdays always remind me to pay attention to the little things and to really enjoy each and every moment with family and friends. That is what life it all about...the little moments that make up the whole. Keep it as simple as possible.

Colleen

Bethany said...

Glad Katie's healing well :) I had my 4 wisdom teeth taken out and couldn't eat for THREE WEEKS. Argh. I always refuse to tell my friends that story until they've had theirs out. Haha!

Debbie said...

I'd be thankful if anyone touched the laundry! What a joy.

Kathy B! said...

Glad Katie's on the mend!

I'm thankful for my wonderful husband who puts up with my silliness :)

Unknown said...

I'm so thankful you are blogging nearly daily, as I'm so dang busy I am taking the time to read and comment, but blogging myself, I just don't have my head in it.
I'm glad to hear that Katie is doing so well. My own girls are going to need to have theirs extracted over the Winter Break, oh joy!
I'm all about balance these days, and I've even started to go to bed earlier when I just feel the need to sleep. Something I never did in the past!

Sue Jackson said...

I love your Thankful Thursday posts - what a wonderful idea! I sometimes keep a Joy Journal - jot down things at the end of the day that brought me joy. I started when I first got ill and was pretty depressed. It helps when things seem to be going wrong to remind yourself of all you have to be grateful for.

I am also HUGELY impressed by your efforts to prioritize and focus on what's important. I sometimes struggle to find that balance and seem to constantly have more to-do's than time!

keep up the good work!

Sue

FranticMommy said...

1. Time with old friends..priceless.
2. Ironing? maybe that's why I have no clothes in my closet. I am thankful to you for the reminder Pam (wink)
3. Oral surgery blows. I am thankful Katie is doing well. better to do wisdom teeth stuff when you're YOUNG!
4. Ditto sista. Got your back. I am thankful you and I think alike on these sort of topics. :)

Alex the Girl said...

It looks as if your cup has over runneth. I'm thankful for having a free couple of seconds to catch up on some of my favorite blogs.

Midlife Roadtripper said...

Hey, #4. Major finding. I wish you the best and admire your efforts in finding the right balance.

Gamma Sharon said...

Wonderful Thankfuls, Pam!

CW5H2O said...

Oh poor Katie, yuck! I had that done when I was 25, and it was miserable...luckily my amazing mom flew from Ohio to DC to take care of me for a long weekend. Nobody ever takes care of you quite like mom! :) Glad to hear she's feeling better!

MDtripmom said...

Hi there, I roll called after you on SITS so I thought I'd drop in and say hello. Your blog is adorable! I'll be sure to check back from time to time. Have a great weekend! :)

 

Blog Design By Lindsey Joy Design © All Rights Reserved.