TV Quick Quips are a little late this week. I've had a crazy week and just haven't been able to watch much TV. I'm almost caught up now, so I thought I'd "quip" about what I have been able to see.
1. The Biggest Loser - OMG! What a tearjerker this week. I cried so hard I actually needed tissues. Anyway, I was so touched by the selflessness of Sean and Antoine's offer to go home so Shay could stay. What amazing men. I just love them both and I'm sorry I won't get to see more of them. But I was happy to see that they have done so well at home. And was anyone else surprised that Alexandra and Antoine are a couple? I so did not see that coming. I am so happy for them. Of course, I can't avoid talking about Tracy. WTF? She is an absolute nut job. I really started to dislike her intensely this episode and I feel so bad for Coach Mo having her as his partner. Jillian is right - the woman in BANANAS!
2. The Good Wife - This is the one show I haven't managed to see yet this week. Next week I will update this week's episode along with the new one. (If I continue to watch. This week's episode will make or break it for me).
3. Modern Family - OK, this show is awesome! After last week I was a little worried that they wouldn't be able to sustain the comedy genius. Happily, I had nothing to worry about. This show is my new favorite (sorry The Office). Loved the way Jay really stepped up to the plate at the end with Manny. I was a little worried earlier in the episode and actually didn't like the one scene where Jay was a jerk to Manny. It still bothers me, but the way he handled Manny when his dad didn't show was amazing. And Phil is absolutely the funniest character on TV! I just love him. This show is non-stop laughs. This is the one show that everyone in the family watches and we actually had to pause and rewind a number of times because we were laughing so hard that we missed the next joke. The jokes are literally one after the other. If you haven't seen this one, I highly recommend it.
4. FlashForward - I only managed to watch half of this episode. It is just way too drama filled for me and the acting and writing are terrible. Not to mention I lost interest. I won't be adding this to my fall lineup.
5. The Office - OK you know how much I love this show, but I must say I think this episode was really just a redo of other episodes where Jim takes control (badly) of the office. There wasn't much new here. This makes me so sad because I want this show to be amazing. And as much as I'm dying for a JAM (Jim/Pam) wedding, I am beyond annoyed that there were commercials telling us the wedding will be next week. I have been waiting 6 seasons for a JAM wedding and I wanted it to be a surprise. The element of surprise has always been what made the JAM relationship so exciting for fans and they took that away from us at the most important moment. UGH! And if that wasn't enough, they even showed clips from their wedding!!!!! I don't want to see Pam in her wedding dress before the big day. I want all the anticipation, excitement and surprise of not knowing anything ahead of time. Thanks for ruining that NBC! Can you tell I'm more than a little disappointed in The Office right now? Am I the only one who feels this way? How about you other fans? What did you think about this?
6. The Middle - This week I added another new show - The Middle with Patricia Keaton. It was pretty good. There were some real truths in this show about parenthood and family life, but for some reason it wasn't laugh out loud funny. It seemed just a beat "off". Not sure why. I can't put my finger on it exactly, but something was just not quite right. I will definitely watch again as I could really relate to a lot of it, but unlike Modern Family it just didn't hit all the right notes.
How about you? What did you think about these shows or your favorites this week?
Image from Google Images